Review: Reunion and Co

Another cafe situated amongst the many on Bridge Rd in Richmond. I had never heard of this place before but it had decent ratings, so we thought we'd give it a shot. It wasn't the best brunch we've had, but prices were reasonable, although serving sizes aren't as generous as some other cafes.

Monkey Magic - $9.50
 Banana, dates, cinnamon, oats & almond milk
I really enjoyed this smoothie. Had a slight grainy texture from the oats,
but I enjoy oats in my smoothie. The cinnamon and dates added nice
flavour to the banana and it was of a nice chunky consistency.
Matcha Latte - $4.50
I don't know how they made this matcha latte but it was bland.
The milk was slightly green and barely had any green tea flavour.
Definitely wouldn't recommend.
House made pork sausages & thick sliced bacon - $19.50
with spring vegetables, house tomato relish, goats curd & poached eggs
I was expecting 2 whole sausages and some toast, but really it was just a few pieces
of sliced pork and some overcooked bacon. I really like goats curd, but there
wasn't much of it. The spring vegetable consisted of, I believe, fennel and radish,
but essentially wasn't much and I wouldn't call it "spring vegetables". It would've
also been really nice to have some toast to soak up the egg yolk. Overall the
dish was tasty, but I don't think the ingredients really matched. Some mash
or puree and some toast could've brought it all together,
Benedict eggs - $16
with slow cooked ham hock & burnt butter hollandaise
Small serving size, could've done with 2 pieces of toast and more pulled ham.
The hollandaise was strangely sweet and there wasn't much of it. The ham hock
was really saucy and nice, but the toast was really hard to cut into and felt quite stale.



Reunion & Co Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts