Review: Paper Plane

Another little treasure in my hometown of Parramatta. Paper Place Cafe is quickly becoming my new favourite hipster joint. It is quite a large cafe with a large menu and choice of outdoor and indoor seating, so don't fear having to wait for a table, but do fear being spoilt for choice! I love the brightness of the cafe and the wooden tectures and furniture. They also have a weekly tip competition which is a cool initiative to encourage people to tip, whereby you vote for your favourite out of two options. The categories range from tv shows to celebrities to tech brands. This week it was Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris. No competition there am I right?
Getting my hipster on HAHA, some of my melbournian ways rubbing off. 
Pink Lemonade & Peach Melba Ice Tea - $5 each
Both drinks are lovely, plus I do like the rustic charm of mason jars,
makes me feel less weird about using jars as a kid.
Though Mr "let's get fat together" (featured behind) doesn't get the trend.
My favourite ice tea is still the Egyptian Ice Tea from Circa though, it's bigger on flavour!
Chorizo Hotpot - $14.50
Chorizos and two baked eggs in a rich, spicy tomato sauce with "fresh rocket and fetta".
I do not like rocket, so I'm glad we had spinach instead, but there was not feta which I love :(
I don't approve of misleading products, so I would've liked to be informed of menu changes beforehand.
However, I'm not going to just hate on this cafe for it because I've seen many places do it.
Apart from that, the food itself was amazing!Slightly spicy and sprinkled with chilli flakes,
definitely not for those intolerant to chilli or even sweet chilli.
The salsa was really rich and concentrated, like eating a plain pizza base with just the tomato paste.
I definitely couldn't eat this all on my own because it is filling, but also quite rich and salty.
I love chorizo as you all can probably tell and they were very generous with them.
The eggs were cooked to my liking, whites fully cooked and yolk slightly runny.
All in all a tasty dish and generous serving.
The Reuben - $14.50
Silverside beef, swiss cheese, garlic aoili, rocket, caramelised onions and a side of bad boys.
Not sure if I recall tasting rocket, because I would remember picking them out.
But assuming the Chorizo Hotpot didn't have rocket, maybe they ran out for the day.
The beef was soft enough, but still slightly dry. Cheese is always good and so was the aoili,
not too strong but enough flavour. I love their toasted sourdough, adds crunch to the dish.
I must say the winner is always the chips. Possibly the chunkiest chips I have ever had.
I love the chicken-salt-like seasoning and the outer crunch but inner softness.
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict - $15
Poached eggs, smoked salmon, sauteed spinach, tomato, fresh lemon juice with hollaindaise sauce.
A recurrent trend of misleading menus. This time I didn't any lemon acidity
in my dish nor were there any tomatoes which was disappointing.
The eggs were slightly undercooked for me, the whites still slightly translucent.
The hollaindaise sauce had a strong mustard punch to it and wasn't the creamiest hollaindaise I've had.
Would've have also liked them to be as generous with the salmon as they were with the spinach.
Overall a tasty dish, just would've liked more of the good stuff.
Midnight Cuban - $15
Triple smoked ham, pulled pork, swiss cheese and BBQ white sauce
on sourdough with a side of bad boys and a dill pickle.
OMG definitely the best sandwich I have had in a long time.
Although it was hard to eat with all the sauce and filling oozing out.
But sometimes you just got to get your hands dirty for good food right?
The bad boy chips as always were AMAZING!
The little pickle looked lonesome but was preserved well, strong in flavour.
The sandwich itself, that pulled pork and BBQ white sauce I could eat all day.
The meat was soft and tender, required very little chewing and melted in you mouth with
the creamy sauce. The ham was masked with all the other flavours,
didn't taste strong on the smoke and honestly the dish would still be amazing without it.
This definitely is a meat lovers dream!
Jalapeño Popper - $12
 With beef patty, jalapeños, cream cheese, tomato and lettuce
on a brioche bun, served with bad boys on the side.
I do love my jalapeños and this burger was delish.
The brioche bun added slight sweetness and was soft and light.
The beef patty succulent, the cream cheese oozing and the veggies fresh.
Overall a very filling and tasty burger.
If I knew I could get this much chips with a takeaway order
I would get takeaway everyday!

Now there are no menus available online so if you would like to see before you go, I have taken a photo of every page below and will also upload this to urbanspoon.



 Paper Plane Cafe on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. Nice review! Looking forward to checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for uploading the menu! Will definitely check it out soon for that sandwich!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) and yes do try the sandwich! will be eagerly awaiting your review :)

      Delete
  3. Looks good! thanks for the menu too!

    Ancora Imparo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe you know Monash's motto :) And you are most welcome. I highly recommend their food!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts