Review: Mammoth

Been away from my blog game for a while...This is a throwback to Mother's Day, where I did not have brunch with my mum ><

Every time I pass this cafe, it always seem to so popular yet Mammoth never hit my online food radar. However, I knew I had to try it out, so stupidly we decided to go for brunch on Mother's day, one of the busiest weekends of the year, because everyone loves brunch. Being on a corner location, the cafe is an odd shape with less space, and more larger, communal dining tables. This meant we had to wait ~45 minutes for a table, but I took that as a chance to buy some groceries, so win win!

The Benedict
The duck breast was quite raw and chewy unfortunately.
The balance of sweet and savoury was quite nice.
I liked their take on the hollandaise and the blini were light
(but of course not as good as my grandmas). The pickles added
freshness and zing to the dish, but it was quite a dry dish and a runny
poached egg would've done better than fried.
Lobster Donut Burger
Quite pricey for the size. It was a very interesting flavour.
The donut had a salty sweet cinnamon dusting to it.
It was quite oily which I didn't like.
The lobster itself was cooked well, nice and soft.
There wasn't much sauce or salad in the burger though which
was quite disappointing. Could've made the dish more interesting.

Mammoth Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts