Review: Sam Sam

This place actually serves amazing fried chicken, maybe better than the famous (and also my favourite), Gami. This place is frequently packed, but it is quite a small space. They have more options on their menu from 11:30am-8pm, but if you come for a late dinner, the menu is quite limited, which I think is unfortunate. If you work or study in the city, be sure to give this place a try!

Sizzling Tofu - $17
Lovely fried silken tofu with toppings of gochujang, onions and a few other
vegetables. Serving size is a bit small and I would've liked more sauce and
vegetables, but the tofu itself was cooked really well, but could've done
with some more salt and pepper.
Boneless Half & Half Chicken - $33
We went with the classic combo of hot & spicy, and soy & garlic w/ spring onion.
I loved the presentation, served in a rustic baking tray, the chicken came with cabbage slaw
and pickled turnip. I usually go with chicken on the bone as I find it more moist,
but my friend hates dealing with bones, so we always go boneless.
The chicken was still moist though, even though portions weren't consistent
and sometimes I just got a mouthful of batter. However, most of the chicken was coated
with a nice thin layer of crispy batter and tones of sauce. The spicy sauce wasn't too
hot, though I did drink some more water. The soy was sweet and salty and not too
strong on the garlic. Serving size is good for three.
Overall it's up there with some of the best KFC I've had.

Sam Sam Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts