Review: 400 Gradi Brunswick

Having previously won World's Best Pizza, I knew I had to visit 400 Gradi eventually. I am usually not a huge fan of Italian food (well really just not a fan of pasta),I do love my gnocchi, risotto and I also don't mind pizza every now and then. We went on a weekend evening and the place was buzzing with people. I love the free hanging cured meats they display in the restaurant. We luckily managed to get a seat at the bar on a communal table and the food came out quickly, but staff were quite inattentive during our meal and were slow to take our orders and refill out water.

Gnocchi al pomodoro - $32
Super light gnocchi with napoli sauce, ricotta and a leaf of basil.
Although the gnocchi was super light it lacked integrity. It just
melted in the mouth, but not as pleasantly as you would think.
Instead it turned into a grainy texture and combined with a pond of silky
tomato sauce this unfortunately just made the whole mouth-feel very
mushy. The ricotta also added no flavour or texture, just melting into
the sauce, and I prefer my basil being infused into the sauce to add more
herbaceous flavour. If you like melt in the mouth gnocchi this is for you,
but for me this dish was a bit lackluster and I prefer my gnocchi with a
little bit of bite.

Seasonal special - Truffle Pizze
This was a limited edition truffle pizza with prosciutto, parmesan,
balsamic glaze and a black truffle sauce. I loved the balsamic reduction
as it added a punch of acidity and sweetness to spice up the dish.
The prosciutto was sliced nicely and had a good depth of flavour.
All the flavours really complimented the truffle which did shine through
I loved the crust of the pizza, I just wish the base was also a bit crispy.
Overall I would definitely go back for this if I could, simple few ingredients
with amazing flavour.

Panna Cotta Sphere - $18
A beautifully simplistic dessert. Loved the pop of colour with the mint
and strawberries. I thought the chocolate dome would be tempered but
it wasn't and quite hard to break through. I loved the freeze dried white
chocolate snow, adding some fun to the dish. Although I'm not a honey fan,
the honey flavour of the panna cotta was not too strong. It was also
set well with a little wobble.




400 Gradi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 



Comments

Popular Posts