Review: Ho Mei

YAY another food review. Sorry my blog posts are delayed, I have a massive queue of them and will attempt to write them up by the end of the week. Today I will be writing about a friendly catch up with some of my fave babes. 

We went to Ho Mei, a contemporary Asian restaurant in Surry Hills. The food was classic, westernized Chinese tapas. I would rate is as good, could not fault it, except I wanted more! But still there was nothing spectacularly amazing or complex.  We received a 30% off mardi gras offer, making it very affordable, otherwise the prices are average $$. It ended up costing as around $80-90 for 4 ppl, decent price for a good dinner.

Pros
  • Average price
  • Service was very friendly 
  • Decor was vibrant yet classy, and welcoming
Cons:
  • Dishes came out one at a time, whereas I prefer to get all my entrees together, and then all mains together, and in particular for Chinese cuisine, I would prefer to have all dishes come out together.
  • Tables were small making it hard to juggle fitting all the dishes.
Seared scallops with homemade XO sauce in golden pockets - $18
Scallops were cooked just right, succulent and flavoursome. The XO sauce and
crunchy golden pockets were excellent complements.
Steamed Dumplings (Vegetarian Option) - $13
Love the glutinous rice flour dough and filling was pleasent
Steamed Dumplings (Prawn & Scallops) - $13
Just like good quality Yum Cha Ha Gow, theses were tasty,
the pastry smooth and not too chewy. Just lovely
Salt & Pepper Tofu - $14
I love my tofu, especially fried and I must say these were quite good.
I cannot say they had any pepper on them, but the salt seasoning
was still good, may be a bit too salty for the others.
Curry with Chicken - $18
Steamed Rice - $5 per bowl
I love typical Asian curries made with simple, but classic ingredients such as
curry powder, coconut cream, garlic, chilli etc. and this was no exception. 
Good, classic ingredients and flavours, definitely could not go wrong here.
Easily could fill up 2 people with rice. 
Ho Mei on Urbanspoon
My Outfit for the night:

Oriental floral collar shirt - Op Shop find
White Skirt - Miss Shop @Myer
Nude Pink Oxford Flats - Dorothy Perkins (not featured)


Comments

Popular Posts