Review: Daniel Son

Have to say I will be a regular customer hear, well as regular as my uni load will allow! Daniel Son is a cafe located on Neerim Rd, Murrumbeena, so close to home, which is why it's so great (also the foods' awesome too!) The price range is low, most dishes ranging from $10-15, and they have daily specials.
Mocha - $3.50ish
I've definitely had better, but that being said,
it wasn't bad, just average, and the price is decent
Chai Latte - $4.50ish
Such a cute serve. They use loose tea, which I
definitely prefer, was quite a nice flavour, and generous serve
Special Rambo - $14.50
Slow cooked lamb, onion rings, havarti cheese, pickle, rocket, aoili & bbq sauce,
all on a brioche bun
Quite a mouthful indeed! The lamb was tasty, but sadlyslightly tough.
However as a whole the burger was generous and tasty.
The sauces tasted housemadeand much better than store bought.
The Inglorious Bastard - $12 (see menu above)
Pulled pork fritters with coleslaw and housemad bbq sauce.
I loved it, was so filling, I even had to get it takeaway
(mind you I also ordered potato totes, cos who can resist them?)
The pulled pork and just whole burger in general was so tasty.
Just lovely blend of mild flavours
Again the meat was a bit on the tough side, but because it was pulled,
it wasn't hard to chew through.
I would say it is definitely worth a try, and worth its money.
Special Corn Fritters - $14.50
Simple, classic and nothing wrong with it.
I love my seasoning, so I always have to add salt and pepper to taste,
otherwise I would have considered it slightly bland.
Baked French Toast - $14.50
With mascarpone, lemon curd and berry salsa.
The baked French toast tasted interesting, I like the slight crunch,
but there was unfortunately less of an egg taste.
Otherwise the toppings were amazing, my favourite mix of flavours.
Daniel Son on Urbanspoon


Comments

  1. That french toast looks very tasty, and agree the way the tea is served is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts