Review: Miss Marmalade

On a quiet street in Brunswick, lies a local treasure: Miss Marmalade. A fabulous, indie cafe separated into a front and back section. The vibe is very warm and friendly, and the staff are very friendly and upbeat, making the whole experience pleasurable, without even mentioning the amazing food. The serving sizes and pricing are also amazing, we could barely finish both dishes!

Kali Premium Dark Hot Chocolate - $4
Delicious hot chocolate, not too bitter, lovely and smooth.
The serving size is quite generous for the price, and served in cute little ice-cream bowls.
Our Bacon Eggs Benny - $16.60
Supposedly, the house favourite and personally,
the best eggs benny I've ever had (not that I eat them often).
The hollandaise had the right acidity balance.
I personally also much prefer bacon to thick ham, so that was a big tick of approval from me.
The poached eggs where slightly runny, and egg whites well cooked,
again, just the way I like it.
I also loved "housemade hash brown", definitely the best type of hash brown,
very generous, light and flavoursome, but not so oily. I just love my potatoes!

Buttermilk Ricotta Pancakes - $16.60
Honestly the best pancakes and best ricotta pancakes I have ever had!
And coming from a Russian, that is a big deal! It definitely trumps pancake chains such as
Pancakes on the Rocks and Pancake Parlour, and of course my own pancakes.
They were honestly the fluffiest pancakes I have ever had, there was no buttermilk aftertaste or thickness,
The match of flavours on the plate was perfect.
The sweet, smooth mascarpone and lemon curd was delightful, I am a massive fan of lemon curd.
The chocolate crumbs were tasty but something the dish could be fine without.
The drunken pears had a lovely hint of wine flavour but where not overpowered.
Overall just a lovely dish I will definitely come back for!

Miss Marmalade on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts