Review: Spilt Milk

A quaint, little restaurant in the nearby neighbourhood of Carnegie. I love the use of animal names for all items on the menu and I love the rustic, op-shop use of crockery. However, I do have a complaint about the quality of utensils used. Some cups were dirty, dishes chipped and knives needed sharpening. However, the food was good and price decent. Not an amazing cafe but definitely worth it for a simple meal out.








Padre Cappuccino - $3.50
"A blend of 5 coffee beans. Flavours of malt, almond, toffee and cocoa".
I did love the flavour of this coffee, however, I did expect more.
It was quite richer and full bodied than most cappuccinos I've had
but I couldn't really taste those extra flavours of malt, almond, toffee and cocoa.
Soy Chai Latte - $4
Helen's favourite
Cow - $12.50
Baked eggs with chorizo, feta, herbs and green beans on rye toast with tomato relish.
My choice of the day, just love baked eggs and this was cooked lovely.
You know the way I like me eggs, whites fully cooked and yolk slightly runny, and this was just that!
Seasoning was also lovely, not too overpowering on the salt. I don't think there were any herbs though.
The green beans were sauteed nicely and the chorizos just yum.
The feta was a nice mild taste and crumbly soft.
I also love my rye bread (trying to be healthy lol) and OMG that tomato relish was amazing!
Although I would say its more like a conserve/jam, the flavour was so good, lovely balance of sweetness
to match the savoury dish. Would love the recipe please!
Donkey - $11.50
Poached eggs with baked bacon, fresh spinach, shaved parmesan and tomatoes
on sourdough and a side of homemade aoili
Salmon - $14
Salmon with feta, avocado, feta, capers, dill and red onion seasoned with lemon and olive oil on rye toast.
Optional poached eggs for $2

Spilt Milk on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts