Review: Cafe Blac

Exams are finally over and I ready to get back on the blogosphere!!!! First of this is a review of Cafe Blac, our brunch spot before our Monash medical orchestra (MMO - google us :D) performance. Situated on prestigious Glenferrie Rd in Hawthorn, the menu was satisfying with a large variety of sweet and savoury opens, and the prices were decent with most dishes costing around $10-15. I'm sorry that I don't have exact prices though as my friends ordered for me.

Cool decor am I right?
Breakfast Burrito - $12.50ish
Was a very generous serving, that I was unable to finish.
The filling included baked beans, scrambled egg, chorizos and tomato relish,
accompanied with a bed of rocket and half a sliced avocado.
I did like the burrito but again it was too big and filling for me,
they were definitely generous with the beans and eggs,
however, I definitely had to scurrage for those few pieces of chorizo.
I am also not a fan of rocket which they managed to hide in the burrito,
but I do love avocado that they were so generous with =D
Overall a dish worth its price, only fault is more chorizos please!
Breakfast Burger - $12.50ish
Again dish is worth its money, might actually have cost less
 but again I can't remember, sorry.
I did not eat this dish but bacon, fried egg, salad and sauce in lovely
brown buns, who could resist? Plus hash browns are always a winner!
Would definitely like to try this sometime.
Takeaway Mocha - $3.50ish
Average price, similar to most vendors.
I like my mochas because they have a good balance of
sweet chocolate and rich, aromatic coffee.
However, I have had dark chocolate mochas that have tasted sweeter than this.
And I know, it's not their fault if I can't handle good strength coffee,
but this is just my personal opinion and preference.
Smoked Trout Omelette - $14ish
When this came out I was so jealous.
It looked and smelt fantastic, I wish I had got it.
I definitely want to try this some time
Unfortunately I can't rate this dish any further but the cheese and salmon
looked divine! And again serving was generous.

Café Blac on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts