Review: Badmanner Thymes

My first brunch out in Sydney and last before I headed on my overseas trip, but now I am finally back to review more restaurants for you all, and hopefully some Christmas recipes will be coming your way also. My Vietnam/Singapore posts will be up within this month, but firstly let's review Badmanner Thymes :)
I remember when this little café first opened up in my hometown, and essentially it was just a cake and coffee store, but it is great to see it blossom into a contestable café, with a tasty and growing menu, and a wide variety of drinks!


Kimchi Burger - $15
6hr slow cooked pork with homemade kimchi, cabbage and citrus aioli, and a side of sweet potato chips.
Firstly the chips, are just like what I make at home, thinly sliced and baked with seasoning, tasted great.
The burger itself though, did not completely match the description,
personally I don't remember there being much kimchi, and I would remember,
because as you all know I don't like kimchi, but I thought I'd be bold for once.
 In terms of flavour though, it was tasty, loved the aioli, the meat was well marinated,
although it was quite tough in texture, with a lot of sinew and not "pulled" like they stated.
Big Breakfast - $18
From the specials menu, as depicted, had 2 eggs cooked your way,
choice of toast, mushrooms, avocado, spinach, tomatoes, chorizo and bacon.
I tried some of the chorizo, and I didn't really liked it, it wasn't charred enough for me,
still had an uncooked, chewy texture. The mushrooms were nice and juicy though and
the rest of the dish looked amazing, could easily feed
Egg Benedict - $12
Choice of salmon, ham or avocado & mushroom, with spinach, poached eggs
and hollandaise sauce on sourdough.
Firstly, seriously cheap eggs benedict, I didn't try any of this, but looks amazing doesn't it.
Skim Ice Mocha - $6
This was amazing!!!!! Gave me a bit of a brain freeze so next time I will be asking
for less ice, but it was so thick and creamy. It wasn't bitter at all, and had a nice
mix of chocolate and coffee. Reminded me of the synonymous drink from The Grumpy Barista,
but I preferred that this one was all blended up.
I definitely recommend everyone try this, even non-coffee lovers
Chai Latte - $3.50
I tried some of this and would say it tasty lovely. I don't like my chai strong,
so this one was nice, more sweet, less bitter, but for a me it was a bit too creamy,
would prefer skim or a bit watered down.
Mocha w/ Almond Milk - $3.50
I don't remember if there is an extra charge for different milk,
but it's probably like 50c. Either way, my friend, who isn't a big fan of
coffee did not appreciate this at all, but I will try it some day and give
you my verdict, if the drink above is anything to go by, I bet it will be great!
Cruffin - $6
Apologies, but again I have forgotten the actually price, but seeing as
cronuts are usually $5, safe to assume this one costs a bit more.
I must say I was never a fan of cronuts, way too oily for me, but this
definitely is better, and it's baked not fried. Crispier and lighter than before!
p.s. if you haven't figured it out, its a conjunction of cronut and muffin!
 Menu:

 

Badmanner Thymes on Urbanspoon


Comments

Popular Posts