Review: Mad Spuds Cafe

This review is from a while back, over a month ago actually. It's from the day I decided to visit the GoT exhibition, then retracted that decision as I wasn't willing to endure the 8hr wait. So instead I went out for breakfast by myself for the first time, then to pass time I did some shopping (typical girl yes I am) before catching up with my dear friend who likes to call me "Bunny". All credits go to her for picking this cafe. Be sure to check out Mad Spuds Cafe if you are ever craving hot, flavourful potatoes in the city area. Plus, the manager is super friendly, one of the most attentive, helpful and cheery persons I have ever met.

Little Piggy - $15
Baked spuds with rispy bacon strips, feta, mozarella, cheddar and sour cream.
Yes I know, all that fatty dairy could give you heart disease, but
I like to believe that bad foods every once in a while won't do you any harm :P
But honestly, what can go wrong with potato, bacon and cheese?
The answer is nothing, simply oozing with fatty goodness.
Could have done with more bacon to potato ratio though.
Taco Potato Skins - $15
Twice cooked spud skins with mozzarella, spicy beef, chilli sauce and coriander.
The name did confuse me, I wasn't sure if I was going to be served just hollow,
crispy potato skins with filling, but luckily there was still a layer of soft,
pillowy potato as well. The filling itself was honestly just too filling (see what I did there).
But that being said it was just the right amount of spices and sauce, lovely and moist,
which really contrasted with the crispy skin. The cheese as you can tell covered the
whole top, but what can I say, I love cheese and would've loved more.
Only negative - their coleslaw is quite bitter and lacks dressing, so I didn't eat.

Mad Spuds Cafe on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts