Review: Hello Kitty Diner

Hello Kitty had finally opened a food store in Australia, and more importantly, in my home city of Sydney! Most people assumed they would open up a cafe, like they have in other countries, but we here have a Diner, which is unconventional for a Japanese brand, but I was actually pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. There were a lot of negative reviews floating around on Zomato, but I found my food to be tasty and the prices reasonable. They definitely could expand their range in the future, but for a newly opened store I think they are doing great.

Yuzu and White Chocolate Milkshake - $8
Lovely flavours, but a tad too sweet. The yuzu was really prominent,
while the white chocolate really just tasted like sugar (which it essentially
is), but overall a great a flavour combination.
Southern Fried Chicken - $10
w/ waffle and bourbon maple syrup.
Chicken and waffles truly has converted me. I have never been a
fan of sweet and savoury together, but chicken and waffles is one
thing I love and Hello Kitty Diner does it well. The chicken is
so crispy and crunchy but still really moist inside and full of flavour.
The waffle comes in a cute hello kitty face shape, and I believe
it was a potato waffle as it had that slight savouriness and taste.
I also didn't mind the syrup, wasn't too sweet thanks to the bourbon.
Sweet Potato Fries - $6
w/ miso mayonnaise.
I wasn't a big fan of the mayonnaise, it had a really strong, bitter
miso taste, but the chips were great! I love sweet potato fries more than
normal fries, it's again a good balance of sweet and salty. The chips
could've been crunchier, but otherwise good, 
Miss Ebi - $14
The crumbed prawns were cooked superbly. Loved the crunchy texture
and the prawns were soft and juicy. Could've done with more pieces though.
The buns, slaw and sauce were all great, classic combination.
Doughnut soft serve - $4
We could've even imagine what "doughnut" flavour
constituted, but this was not bad. The texture of the soft serve
itself was great, and I loved the cute little Pocky and pink waffle cone.
The doughnut flavour to me was a mix of vanilla and syrup with
a hint of cinnamon. 


Hello Kitty Diner Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts