Review: Kusuka Cafe

I really wanted to try out Kusuka Cafe mainly for their instafamous galaxy drinks. Although they look AMAZING, the flavours weren't that great; very artificial and sugary. That being said, the food did live up to our expectations, very hearty and filling. Kusuka has also recently opened a new location in the CBD, I have yet to try it out and am unsure what the space is like, but hopefully it is bigger and less busy than their Haymarket store, which is quite small, seating only about 10-15 people.


Left to Right:
Genesis - $12
Predominantly a artificial grape candy taste.
The edible glitter was mesmerising but the flavour was too sweet
and artificial for me.
Eve - $10
Lychee flavoured drink. Again, similar to the Genesis with the pretty
edible glitter and the flavour was quite artificial and sweet.
Coffeevocado - $8.50
An avocado smoothie with a shot of espresso, chocolate syrup and Persian fairy floss
on top. I loved this drink as I love avocado smoothie and coffee. The avocado wasn't
too strong so it didn't clash with the coffee and the drink was sweetened so it wasn't too bitter
for me. You do need to give it a good stir to incorporate the flavours.
This drink is very thick and filling, I definitely did not finish it.
Thai Milk Tea
You can't go wrong with a classic thai milk tea. That perfect balance
of sweet and bitter dark tea with a playful orange colour.

The New Champion
A eggs benedict with pastrami-like smoked wagyu within a croissant.
The croissant was very light and flaky, mildly sweet. I loved the hollandaise,
thick and slightly tangy. The beef itself was a bit of a miss, I think poor
use of such a high quality meat. The smoking of the meat masked the natural
flavour and there wasn't good marbling, but it was still tender. I also expected it
to be served warm but it was served cold and just made the whole dish
a bit cold. The croissant although toasted wasn't really warm and the eggs
were just lukewarm with cold hollandaise. Overall still a very tasty dish
and beautifully presented but not something I would order again. 

Superbowl - $20
We ordered the double size pork mi goreng with pork belly, corn beef, sausage
and a variety of greens. It honestly isn't that huge a serving, maybe more
like 1.5x servings. The flavours were great though, particularly the corn beef,
and the pork belly had a crispy crackling.  I found the sausage to be dry and
overcooked and would've liked a more decent proportion of veg to meat.
The noodles themselves were cooked well and I liked the chilli sauce on the side
but would've preferred more of it and/or some other sauce like kecap manis to add more
flavour and sweetness to a quite salty dish. Overall a really delicious and I would
love to try their other flavours. Worth $20? Maybe not, but now I have
some good ideas for making this at home.



Kusuka Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 


Comments

Popular Posts