Review: Pho Pasteur Parramatta

Pho pasteur is my go to place for pho back in Sydney. Conveniently located on the Asian side of Church St Parramatta, this is my travel family's favourite place to dine. Fast, friendly service and cheap menu make for a good meal all round.

Raw Beef Pho - $11.50 (reg), $13.50 (large)
I love the darker soup that comes with the beef,
I think it has a richer flavour, but I'm not a big fan of
red meat apart from heavenly lamb. That being said
I do go for the special beef if I want beef, but my friends
love raw beef. The meat is quite good quality,
not a lot of sinew and doesn't get tough too fast.
Also their serving sizes are massive, unless I've skipped
a meal and am starving, I never manage to finish a regular.
Chicken Pho - $11.50 (reg), $13.50 (large)
Ahhh my favourite type of pho, I just love poached chicken
for some reason, especially if it comes with all the internal brisket
and tendons etc. But for those a bit less daring, getting just chicken is fine too.
The stock, as you might be able to see is a bit lighter, so milder flavours too.
BTW all pho comes with a plate of limes, chillies, basil, mint and bean sprouts.
Chicken Curry - price unknown (comes with rice)
Yea, yet again I have forgotten the prices,
this was from a meal I had a while back, not recently.
Was a generic Japanese style curry, nice creamy flavours,
not too spicy and the chicken was so moist, and although
chicken on bone is always better in terms of texture, those
tiny little bones do make it a workout to eat.



Pho Pasteur on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts