Review: Papparich Chadstone

I have made my parents fall in love with a cuisine other than Chinese. Maybe love is a bit too strong a word, but I can definitely see us eating out at Papparich more in the future. Conveniently located all across Melbourne, and with more and more chains popping up in Sydney, Papparich is a good place to go for a cheap, hearty Asian meal.

Pappa Special Nasi Lemak - $13.90
w/ curry chicken, sambal prawns, fried anchovies and peanuts.
Coconut rice is always good, light, flavoursome and moist. My favourite
is always the sambal sauce, seriously need to learn how to make it.
The curry chicken was also really tender and I just love my anchovies.
My dad commented that he really liked the flavours of the curries, better
than Indian curries he said. He also liked the way the peanuts were fried as
they weren't too oily and maintained their crunch.
Pappa Prawn Mee - $11.90
Firstly, for prawn mee to only have 1 piece of prawn is really disappointing,
should never name a dish after an ingredient and barely put any of that ingredient in it.
That being said I could definitely taste the shrimp paste in the soup,
so I guess the element was there, but still! I wanted more prawns :(
Apart from that, lovely flavours, the chilli paste you see on the side
had AMAZING flavour, sweet, not to spicy, again with a subtle
shrimp flavour, just so good.
Wat Tan Hor - $11.90
More of a Chinese dish, but something I rarely eat at home,
for those that aren't big on spice and chilli, this is a good option.
Lovely think egg soup, with a well balanced flavour.
The serving is also massive, but would've liked more greens.
Roti Canai - $4.50
Reminds me of spring onion pancakes that my mum always makes,
however, she never gets her's this thin (sorry mum!). Crisp and soft
with a subtle sweetness, I could honestly eat this all day on it's own...
but that would be unhealthy lol.


PappaRich Chadstone on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts