Review: Patissez

The OG freakshake. One of the few times Canberra is famous for something and it definitely deserves the title for one of the best freakshakes I've had to date. Pretty on par with XS Espresso in Sydney. They are a bit pricey, but offer two sizes. I definitely recommend going for the smaller one if you plan to eat, it's still a standard size for cold drinks, will definitely satisfy you, and is cheaper.


Freakin Nutz - $12.50 (regular)
Little tasted like melted down and chilled ferrero rocher in your mouth.
The flavour combination was exquisite, very rich but not too
sweet. I don't think I could finish it all, but it is
very refreshing and the thickness of the shake is on point.
Blue Ballz - $9.50 (small)
A more tart shake, with the use of real bluberries. It left a
sour taste on my tongue which I didn't like, but I guess you except it.
The shake was a bit thinner than the one above, texture wasn't as great
but still good.
Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict
Doused in hollandaise, but unfortunately the sauce didn't pack the
punch I wanted. It was missing those added flavours of lemon
or mustard and was quite thin in viscosity. The pulled pork
was tender and the slaw fresh. The bread did get quite soggy
but all in all a good eggs beggs.
Cuban Sandwich
I love cuban sandwiches, all those different types of pork, bechamel
and cheese may lead to heart disease but does taste darn good.
I loved the thick toasted bread, nice crunchiness. The meats were all
tender and saucy. The best dish of the day.
Chilli Dwag
Sadly more bread than filling, the cheese was over melted and hardened
like art glue over the bread. The filling needed more sauce and freshness
to combat the dry bread. I loved the infusion of chilli sauce into the sausage.
The gherkin was great, but their needed to be more pickled vegetables, be it
gherkin, onion etc. Overall a solid, filling dish, but I wouldn't order it again.


Pâtissez Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts