Review: Son In Law

Eek! I have been away from blogging for so long but I will try to improve my consistency (I say again). This dinner out was from over a year ago. I really wanted to try Son in Law after all of the online hype and their pretty plating. I totally love their tableware (would steal for my house) but their food was not as good as I anticipated.


Thai Milk Tea
A classic that you can never go wrong with. Look at the cute jars!
The only negative - I would've preferred more milk tea and less ice.
  
Son in Law Eggs - $8
Cheap starter. I found the eggs a bit too dry for me and the frying
didn't result in a crispy outside but rather an overcooked yolk. I really
liked the sweet tamarind sauce though as it added moisture and great flavour
to the dish.
Massaman Curry w/ Lamb Shank - $18
Another Thai classic. The curry was robust and creamy,
but a bit too sweet for me. The lamb was tender and easy to pull of the bone,
but not so tender than it was falling off. There was a nice mix of potato
and sweet potato to go with the meat.
Twice cooked crispy pork belly - $16
Again the sauce in this dish was amazing. Serving size was a bit small
but enough with everything else we ordered. The problem with twice cooked meat
is that it can go quite tough and that was the case here. The sauce kept
some of the meat moist but the rest was quite dry and not really crispy.



Son In Law Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 


Comments

Popular Posts