Review: West Juliett

A very popular brunch spot set on a suburban street in inner west Sydney. I have heard so many good things about this cafe but I honestly felt it is over-hyped and the meal left me rather disappointed. The menu is quite small with simple, classic breakfast items and, salads and sandwiches for lunch. The interiors itself were lovely and the staff were also friendly. If you are looking for a fuss free, classic breakfast but don't feel like cooking, then this place is for you. But for me eating out is an special occasion, where I want to try something new or something I wouldn't or don't know how to make at home. Thus this cafe just doesn't meet my mark. I sadly did not try any of their sweets which I have also heard are amazing as they didn't have many left in the afternoon.

Left: Banana Yoghurt Smoothie - $8
Although I didn't particularly enjoy the food, I loved this smoothie.
It had a nice balance of sweetness and sourness from the yoghurt, was
a nice think, creamy consistency and had a perfect simple banana flavour
without added spices and fruits.
Right: Chocolate Milkshake - $8
Using Callebaut chocolate, this again was a nice creamy, not overly sweet
chocolate milkshake.

Beef Burger - $16.90
A classic beef burger but we weren't a fan of the bun, it was like a bread roll
texture and a bit dry. The side salad was also just a bunch of kale and cabbage with some
bitter mustard dressing.

Chicken Sandwich - $13.90
Firstly, it came with rocket, which if you have read my previous reviews will
know I can't stand. If I had known beforehand I would have ordered something different.
However, apart from the rocket, which I pulled out, the sandwich was ok, with well
cooked chicken breast, a nice mayo sauce and some other greens.
The bread itself was a bit thick to eat though so I ended up eating it
as an open sandwich with just 1 slice. The salad again was the same as above.



West Juliett Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts