Life As A Tourist Guide: Part II

Sorry this post is up so late, was waiting for a friend to send me the photos, because as some of you may know, I lost my phone and also forgot to take my camera on that day. Yea I'm really good with bad luck.

Anyway, day 2 involved catching a ferry! My first time in a long time, and going manly beach. Not much to say about Sydney Ferries apart from the fact that it's probably the most scenic public transport you will get in Sydney, and I love it. Here are some photos of our view :)

Twins!

After landing in Manly, we were hungry for lunch and decided to eat at Bavarian Bier Cafe. They have daily specials for each day of the week, that don't change regularly. I decided to have the special for that day, Thursday, which was a chicken schnitzel burger and fries for $10. Overall, I like the service and atmosphere of Bavarian Bier Cafe, having eating at a few of their locations. Their food is good quality, but not deserving of the price tag. They charge premium prices for meals that are equivalent to higher quality fast food like Grill'd. I also felt that the staff were quite snobby, due to the higher quality of the restaurant, and they took so long to clear our table and deliver the bill. Overall, the sauces tasted lovely with the chip, however, the chips were normal, not exceptionally flavoursome nor crunchy. I loved the Swiss cheese covered schnitzel in my burger, although the other fillings were quite abysmal, with only 1/2 a slice of tomato, 1 piece of lettuce and a dollop of sauce in the centre. It reminded me of Mc'Donalds, however, this might have been due to the popular demand, as it was the special, and quality may be better on days when it's full price. 
Fish & Chips $28
Their lovely schnapps menu
Entrée - Bavarian Bagel $4
Chicken Schnitzel Burger with Fries, Ketchup and Mayo - $10
(usually around $24 I believe)
Bavarian Bier Café Manly Wharf on Urbanspoon

After our lunch, we headed to Manly Beach to show off our bloated stomachs. The currents were big that day, and as always, the beach was populated with plenty of people. The only criticism I have of manly beach is the horrible toilets. Most beaches I have been to have a lovely surf life savers building, with cafes/restaurants and change rooms. However, Manly only has 1 public toilet near the beach, for use by all the public, not just beach goers. With no change rooms, or showers, only dingy toilets.

Post beach-sesh snack, we decided to treat ourselves to refreshing ice-cream at Copenhagen. However, they melted so fast. I managed to savour mine the most, but I believe they weren't stored at a cold enough temperature to begin with, especially considering the heat that day. I love the free toppings, cream and choc dipped cone that Copenhagen offers. The staff were also really friendly at the Manly store, and I was able to get a junior cone - that just has smaller scoops -even though I'm not a child :) I must also say the flavours I tried were delicious and definitely worth the price for a double scoop at $6.90 I believe for normal size, while a single scoop was $5.50. For junior size, 1 scoop was around $4.50-$5 I believe (sorry long time ago) and $5.90 for double.
   
Whipped Cream
Mango Passion Frozen Yoghurt
Ferroro Ice-cream
All in a choc-dipped cone
$5.90 junior size

Comments

Popular Posts