Review: The Soda Factory

Not that I'm much of a bar goer, but Soda Factory is definitely my favourite bar in Sydney. As you may know, I love anything retro, and this place is right on the money. From the friendly staff to the plush couches and timeless decor, what's not to love? Plus they have the coolest drink names and tastiest bar food around. Every night they have something special on such as Monday Movie night with cheap eats and free popcorn and Tuesday Dollar Dogs with 5 gourmet hotdogs for $1 each, BARGAIN! Be warned this place does get packed, so if you are looking to sit down, get cosy and chill with your mates, be sure to reserve an area beforehand!

I went with my girlfriends on Tuesday for their dollar dogs, so all food featured was $1. There is a max. of 5 hot dogs per order and only 5 out of the 10 gourmet dogs are offered for $1, which are all featured below, normal price is $10 each.

p.s. sorry for the poor quality of the photos, but it was really hard to get good shots with the dim lighting.
Clockwise from the milkshake:
Strawberry cheesecake milkshake - $8
More like creamy, frothy thickshake! Best strawberry milkshake I have had!
The Frank Sinatra
The Buffalo Bill
2 Texan Rednecks
The Yoko Ono
Bobby's Bogan Dog
Bobby's Bogan Dog
Lamb sausage, mustard, smashed peas, mixed lettuce and feta cheese.
I love my lamb, so I loved this hot dog. Smashed peas on the other hand are
neither good or bad in my opinion, but you do always need some veg on the plate right?




The Yoko Ono - $2 (vegetarian)
Veggie sausage, avocado, diced tomatoes, lettuce and cheese.
New to the menu, first time try, will probably not get it again.
The sausage skin was stringy and chewy, hard to bite though.
The filling was mushy and not very tasty. The vegetable toppings were scarce,
don't remember having any avocado on mine.
The sauce was the only highlight of the dish unfortunately, added much needed flavour.
The Buffalo Bill
Crispy chicken sausage with spicy buffalo sauce and cheese.
Different to how I remember it last time. I remember the old version
containing crispy crumbed chicken and some chilli of some sort,
so this was a bit of a disappointment because I loved the old one.
The flavours were still  nice, but definitely more mild and with less toppings.
The Texan Redneck
Pork sausage, smoked chilli, cheese and BBQ sauce.
Definitely still my favourite, cheesy, spicy and succulent all in one.
I love the ooziness of the cheese and sauce while the sausage was also tender.
The Frank Sinatra
Beef & pork sausage with american mustard, pickles, pickled sauerkraut and crispy onion ring.
Another favourite, big on flavour, loads of toppings and tasty sausage.
Would like more than 1 onion ring and pickle though, 


The Soda Factory on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts