Review: Oriental Spoon

Throwback to a dinner out with some of my Sydney friends in Melbourne. I'd never seen this place before, even though I go to MC all the time, which is just across the road. The space is massive, and the food so cheap, but so filling and so tasty. Definitely a food haven for poor uni students in the city, you can even have enough for leftovers the next day.

Mushroom Salad - $13.50
Who would think that a salad would be my favourite dish?
But this was just amazing. Really generous with the mushrooms,
which were cooked and nice sour vinegar flavour.
Loved the onion dressing too. The serving size is massive
with tonnes of salad, tomatoes, cucumber and capsicum.
Takoyaki - $12.90
Generous serving for the price, definitely more than you
would get at a Japanese restaurant. Each ball was also quite large
and full of filling. I loved the sauce and mayo, good flavour inside
but unfortunately it lacked that slight crunch when you bite into it.
Beef Bibimbap - $11 (comes with sides)
One of the cheapest bibimbaps around.
Of course what makes it taste so great is the sauces
you add as you please. They fried their egg sunny side up
rather than serving it raw, which I didn't mind. The amount
and variety of vegetables was good, and decent serving of mince
I suppose. I did enjoy the sides as well, and the serving size
is definitely filling.
Chicken Bulgogi - $17.90 (comes with rice)
This could easily feed 2 people. The chicken was cooked well,
not tough at all. The flavours were also great, I didn't find it
to be spicy at all, and would've preferred a bit more kick.
I would've also liked a bit more vegetables apart from onion
to add more complexity and flavour to the dish.
I just have this thing against eating all meat, and need a
variety of vegetables on my plate.


Oriental Spoon Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts