Review: Tavlin

Recommded by a friend, we gave this little Middle Eastern joint a try. The restaurant is located on a quiet part of Glen Huntly Road. It's quite small, but homely. The staff are friendly, but the food did take a while to come out.

Salads and Dips - 3 for $15
Comes with lebanese bread. Great price for quantity.
We chose the baba ganoush, hummus and roasted beetroot.
They all tasted amazing! The dips were thick and full of flavour.
The beetroots were cooked to a lovely texture and seasoned well.
Moroccan Beef Cigars - $9
Cute entree dish. The beef mince inside was seasoned excellently
with spices both sweet and hot. The shell was cooked to crispy perfection,
so light and crunchy. The sauce that came with the dish
was quite unusual, I still don't know what it is. I preferred the cigars without it.
Left: Chicken Shashlik - $8.50
I loved this skewer, servings are small, but flavour was great.
Marinated well, may be too salty for some, but that's what I love
about Middle Eastern food. The chicken was cooked well,
still moist and tender.
Right: Chicken Liver - $7.50
My friend's first time trying liver, and he gagged on this.
I on the other hand usually love liver, but only when it is cooked through.
This was still quite raw, so that the texture was more smooth but
also rubbery. I definitely prefer the dry, grainy texture to this.
It was difficult to chew and not as well seasoned as the chicken, to
mask some of that strong blood taste.
Chips - $8
Bit pricey for chips, but I would definitely go back for more.
They were some of the best cooked chips I've ever had.
Crunchy and pillowy at the same time. Seasoned with a really nice
peri peri salt mix, which I wanted more of. Just great!
Chai Latte - $3
More foam than tea, but great flavour. If you love drinking
chai anytime of the day, this is for you.


Tavlin Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts