Review: Devon Cafe

I first fell in love with Devon on Danks, and now I've finally tried Devon. Although their drinks were not worth coming back for, their food definitely was! Although prices are quite steep for brunch, this is what you expect from city cafes, and it's a perfect excuse to spoil yourself once in a while.

Left: Banana Choc Milkshake - $7.50
Although their flavours are always great, the serving size
is just ridiculously small for the price.
Right: Spiced Pear and Ginger Ice Tea - $6
I didn't enjoy this at all, and again price for size is definitely
not worth it. To me it tasted like sparkling water, which I hate,
with minimal tea flavour. I was expecting a stronger pear
flavour that wasn't present, but luckily the ginger
wasn't too present either.
Little Lost Bread - $17
New flavour - FAIRY BREAD!
Now you can all relive your childhoods. I have to say my favourite
is still their berry one at Dank St.
This one was a bit too sweet with all that Persian fairy floss.
The brioche though was superbly light as always and excellently
toasted. All the condiments were full of flavour, from the ice cream,
to the cream cheese and the gel. The strawberries brought freshness
and a bit of acidity to the dish.
Breakfast with the Sakuma's - $25
One of the most expensive brunches I've ever had, but also one of the best.
The salmon was cooked perfectly, and I loved the japanese rice seasoning
scattered throughout, added lovely levels of flavour to the dish. from smokiness
to earthiness, to tastes of the ocean. I've never been a fan of onsen egg as it's too runny for me,
but it was cooked perfectly as well. The eel croquettes had that strong rice seasoning
taste and was really smoky, but to my disappointment it really was more of a rice
croquette, with minuscule amounts of eel. You think paying that much for breakfast
could afford you some legitimate pieces of eel.
Overall though the flavour combinations were immaculate and I would have it again.

Devon Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts