Review: Ascot Food Store

A lovely brunch with my mum! It is rare for me to travel to the northern suburbs but I really wanted to try out Ascot Food Store, so we stopped here on our way from the airport.  Have to say my mum's order was better than mine and that maybe the food is more instaworthy than taste-worthy. I also find the name confusing, always thought it was in Ascot Vale, but it is not.


Banana Milkshake 
Made with real bananas but tasted quite bland.

Cappuccino
This one had looottss of foam but tasted great. 

"AFC" Ascot Fried Chicken
3 pieces of fried chicken with a spicy sauce/rub, 2 buttered milk buns,
mashed potato and gravy and slaw. I honestly wasn't a fan.
The chicken was too oily and tasted like burnt, re-used oil. The spice was also
hot but not very flavoursome. The milk buns were also super oily,
I would've preferred for them to be simple toasted. The mash was the best
thing on the plate, super creamy and loved the gravy. The slaw was just finely
sliced cabbage and carrots with no dressing.
Although the dish looks so aesthetically pleasing, the flavours were not on par.

Seared Salmon and Cauliflower
I believe this was a special menu item. This dish was great! The salmon skin
was nice and crispy and the flesh was cooked well. The cauliflower was lightly roasted
and accompanied with some pickles, capers and salad. The best part was that
tartare like sauce, quite zingy but also creamy


Ascot Food Store Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts