Review: Twenty Pho Seven

I had the pleasure of dining at Twenty Pho Seven upon the manager's invitation. This place is literally named after it's opening hours 24/7. If you love pho and get a midnight craving, or craving at any time really, check this place out! Located among other Asian restaurants along Russel St, Twenty Pho Seven has a modern decor with traditional cuisine. The food is really tasty and decently priced, and available for takeaway/delivery too.


Nem Nuong Skewers - $8.90
A bit steep for a small entree but man did it taste good.
 Lovely traditional Vietnamese pork sausage skewers with that
nice sweet and savoury flavour. It came with some pickled vegetables
and crunchy peanuts.

Left: Taro Bubble Milk Tea - $5.90
Right: Original Bubble Milk Tea - $5.90

This joint serves a wide variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
which I love, and boba is one of my favourite drinks of all time.
Firstly, I love the glasses. I personally found the taro drink too sweet
and the waitress sweetly made me a new, less sweet one without me even
requesting it. I did like the original milk tea, it had a mild tea taste and sweetness.

Grilled Pork and Chicken Spring Roll Vermicelli - $13.50
Although this place is named after pho, I was just craving some bun. The prok
was flavoursome and moist. The spring rolls crispy and salty. I loved
all the pickled vegetables and the generous serving size. The crispy shallots
and peanuts added crunch and that spicy nuoc nam brought the whole
dish together. Without the sauce, the dish was a bit plain and there was a lot
of vermicelli. 

Sliced Beef Pho - $13.50 large
Really good pricing for a CBD location and large serving size.
The broth is one of the best I've ever tasted, very strong, murky and complex in
flavours. Some other restaurants I find make the broth a bit milder,
but I like it strong. The beef was tender and there was plently of noodles.
As always the pho came with sides of herbs and bean sprouts although the quantity
of sides is less than I get at most traditional Vietnamese restaurants e.g. in Springvale.



Twenty Pho Seven Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 


p.s. the views and opinions shared in this post are a true, unbiased reflection of my personal experience.

Comments

Popular Posts