Review: Banh Meat & Co

Instaworthy version of the classic banh mi. At almost triple the price of a classic banh mi from a Vietnamese bakery was this really that worth it? I wouldn't regularly come here for my banh mi, but I would return for the "HSP" version with fries and the other dishes they offer. The store doesn't offer much space for dining in but all their food is served in takeaway containers anyway.


Roast Pork Snack Pack - $12.50
Swap out your classic banh mi roll for some fries or gems and you've
 got yourself a snack pack. The pork with tender with that crunch crackling
and  you get the same pickled vegeatables as in the banh mi. The chips
weren't as crispy as I prefer but were seasoned well. Overall the dish just needed
some sauce as the only moisture came from the small amount of salad.

Chicken Ribs -  $5
Not the best fried chicken ribs I've had but worth the price.
I received 4 pieces, and they were massive, moreso because of the
tempura like batter. There were sprinkled with some chilli powder but really
didn't have much seasoning. I liked the soft crunch of the batter
and the moist chicken meat but without the sauces, the ribs would have
been really lackluster. They came with a sweet mustard sauce.

Grilled Pork Banh Mi - $12.50
Crispy bread roll filled with a lovely mix of pickled vegetables and grilled meat.
My meat wasn't the best quality, had some stringy, chewy bits but the marinade
flavour was lovely. There was some pate on the bread but overall, it was a very dry
banh mi and needed some more sauce or pate. Not worth $12.50 as I can get the same
thing with more fillings and options at a regular Vietnamese bakery.


Banh Meats & Co Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts