Review: Huff Bagelry

Sorry I haven't reviewed a Melbourne restaurant in a while, again due to exams and lack of a social life, but here it is! This was my last meal out before exams, and ironically I am writing about it after my exams (YAY!). I know, so fast, 4 exams in 4 weekdays was horrible, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? Well anyway many people had referred me to Huff Bagelry, and I have anxiously been waiting for an opportunity to pass Carnegie for these amazing bagels, and luckily I had a meeting in Caulfield so I dragged my friend along and here is the result.

Hot Chocolate - $4.50
Green tea Matcha - $4
For some reason it tasted like a mix of matcha and chai to me.
Had a sweet, cinnamon flavour that was more prominent than the green tea.
It still tasted nice, but I definitely will be going back to my Asian matcha.
Scrambled Egg with Pizza Bagel - $8.50
Just classic, simple scrambled eggs with your choice of bagel.
Loved the strong, tangy pizza base flavour of the bagel.
Yes I am a tomato addict.
Free range Chicken Schnitzel, red pesto, rocket, cheese & mayo - $9.50
First off, so cheap for such a filling, tasty meal.
My choice of bagel was the lot i.e. caraway, poppy seeds, salt, pepper etc.
The red pesto was so vibrant in colour and flavour, nice blend of spicy & sweet.
I am not a fan of rocket as you all know, but luckily I could easily pick them out.
The schnitzel had good flavours, but was a tad bit dry, but that was overcome by the mayo.
All in all a lovely flavour, but next time I will remember to omit rocket.

Huff Bagelry on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts