Review: On Ramen

Yea it's exam times again, but I've already knocked off 3 so only 1 more to go! Just hoping I won't have to sit supps. So this post is well from about 2 months ago, when I was back in Sydney, in time for my friend's birthday. We wanted to try On Ramen's ramen burgers, however, they weren't on the menu, so normal ramen will have to do.

p.s. just like all my over super overdue posts, I may have forgotten the prices somewhat, so they are all estimates, but a rough guide is better than no guide right?

Japenese Curry Ramen - $13.90
I do love my japanese curry, but this one was the type that had that
slight sour/bitter flavour. I don't really know what ingredient it is
but I have tasted it in a few curries from different Japanese restaurants.
Apart from that, the serving was ginormous. Plenty of noodles, but I
would've preferred more meat and carrots. There were heaps of potatoes though,
Ramen Set - $18.90
Your choice of ramen with 2 sides, salad and sashimi featured here.
Didn't try this one, but bet it was better than my choice.
Free Icecream!
So the above set comes with a scoop of ice-cream for dessert.
The flavours featured are black sesame and green tea.
The flavours weren't bad but the texture was quite heavy and
hard. It was probably stored at too low a temperature and
had been repeatedly taken out and put back in.
Lychee Cake from Savoy Bakery - $22
Of course, what would a birthday be without a birthday cake.
This was our first lychee cake ever and I loved it.
You know that egg white cream most Asian bakeries use?
Well I just hate it, it takes like plastic, no offence,
But this one, the cream was so smooth and a nice sweetness.
I also liked the little pieces of lychee jelly throughout.
And the sponge cake was really light
Plus the flavour was evident, but did not taste artificial at all.
Just LOVED it!
Also a good price and great last minute find by me :P
Taro Crushed Ice - $8.80
Of course a trip into Chinatown would not be complete without Meet Fresh
My friends just love it, and I love taro. I know a lot of people think
it's quite bland and tasteless, but to me it has that subtle sweet, starchy flavour
like sweet potato, but less intense. I also just love the chewiness of jelly.
The ice itself is nice and milky and the ice-cream, don't let it fool you
was for some reason coffee flavoured, very subtle, but definitely not vanilla.

On Ramen on Urbanspoon
Savoy Bakery on Urbanspoon
Meet Fresh on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts