Review: Adriano Zumbo - Round Two

This post is well let's just say quite a few months late, right back when I tried my very first cronut! To date, still one of the tastiest I have had, Zumbo just comes up with amazing flavours, sadly they aren't constantly available but rather rotate every week and differ in Sydney and Melbourne. Reason why this is round 2 is because the first time I went was late last year when Zumbo first opened, and my non-Sydney friends were really eager to try this hyped up dessert store. I must admit, I still love Adriano Zumbo, even after 4 years, now that's commitment baby :P

Pars the Strawberry Gran - $9
After the lemon meringue cake, this is my new second favourite.
I expected a thick, dense cake, but it was actually really fruity and
refreshing. The mousse was extremely light and just dissolved
in your mouth, "literally" felt like being on a cloud.
The flavours tasted so naturally too! The tiny little green chocolate
drops added lovely chocolateliness (totally a word) and the
granola and base added nice crunch to make it feel like your mouth
was doing something.
PMC - $9
It actually stands for the ingredients: pandan cream, mango jelly,
and coconut rice with coconut crumble.
I loved the slight salty, crunchy chocolate shell, added depth to the palate.
Also I am a massive fan of Asian flavours, so mango, coconut and pandan
are like my favourite tropical, sweet combination. The rice was a nice
sticky rice texture and not too sweet, instead letting the sweet mango
jelly to infuse with the rise, while the pandan cream added more smoothness
and a nice hint of pandan.
Passionfruit Choc Zonut - $5
Loved the passionfruit cream, it was light and refreshing,
not overly sweet or sour. The dark chocolate also really
balanced out the sugar-coated zonut with it's bitter taste.
All in all an amazing zonut with lovely variety of flavours and textures.

Adriano Zumbo Pâtissier on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts