Review: Piatella Cafe Bar

Ahh I have been wanting to try Piatella's dessert for a long time, and now I can say I am satisfied. I would recommend going here for dessert or breakfast as their lunch and dinner menus are a bit more pricier. They also have a wide and unique gelato range but again it is quite expensive. Now with regards to the waffles, although they do use English waffles which in my opinion are inferior to Belgian Waffles, I actually liked the lightness of the dough, as Belgian waffles are quite heavy and dense. I also liked that the waffles themselves weren't overly sweet, as all the toppings screamed SUGAR! Now here is a closer review:

NB: all waffles cost $14.50, while crepe version are $12

White Chocolate - Cookies & Cream
Doesn't this look heavenly. The Oreo crumbs yummy as always,
while the crème egg like drizzle was gooey and concentrated with sugar.
I definitely do love Oreos as a flavour as they taste like raw cocoa i.e.
strong on the chocolate, but not the sweetness.
Sweet & Sour - Lemon & Sugar
Although this dish may seem simpler, and not worth the same amount
of $$$, let me tell you, it is surprisingly satisfying for its simplicity.
I loved the kick the lemon gives and that nice sourness, while
the icing sugar brings it back with the sweetness. Reminds me
of homemade lemonade.
Mixed banana and strawberry w/ Nutella
Last but not least, my favourite of them all. I love any dessert that has
fruit as it adds that much needed freshness and moisture to otherwise quite
dry dishes e.g. cakes, pastries (all dense on the grains). And this is obviously
a perfect combination, all the best fondue ingredients combined.
I didn't find this dish too sweet because of the fruit and the blander taste of
the English waffles as I mentioned before, and definitely a healthier option :P


Piatella Cafe Bar on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts