Review: Maenam

Tiring day at work calls for a nice dinner out. This place is pretty fancy for Strathfield, considering their host of cheap Asian eats. The food is still at a good price, with service great and high quality food.

Thai Milk Tea - $16
Didn't think we can finish this all between the two of us,
but somehow we managed. Great milk tea! Not the strongest I've had,
but definitely authentic in flavour and not too sweet.
Duck Salad - $18.50
One my the best salads I've ever eating. The dressing was perfect balance of salty,
sour and spicy. The duck was roasted and marinated well. The serving size was also very generous,
I had the leftovers for lunch the next day and it still tasted amazing. There was a wholesome variety of
vegetables. Overall a superb dish.
Barramundi, Ginger and Shallots - $19.90
I expected a whole fillet or fish, not small pieces, but either way this
dish tasted great. It had your typical soy steamed fish flavours. The meat was
melt in your mouth soft, accompanied my strong flavours of ginger, mushrooms and soy sauce.
Serving size is a bit small.
BBQ Pork Belly - $15.90
My second favourite dish of the night. This pork was just marinated superbly.
Lovely balance of sweet and savoury. The meat was also charred nicely, with that
slight smoky, charcoal flavour. I loved the nam jim dipping sauce, with that
kick of chilli.

Maenam Lao & Thai Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 



Comments

Popular Posts