Review: Melbourne Night Noodle Markets 2015

While it is 2016 now, and Good Food Month's Night Noodle Markets are well over, my review is only just beginning. Having attended every year since 2013, Night Noodle truly is one of my favourite food festivals to attend, with so many different foods to try while sitting back on the grassy lawn, looking out onto the incredible view of the Yarra, what's not to love?

Soooo many lucky cats!
Hoy Pinoy: BBQ Chieken and BBQ Pork Skewers
Not the best from Hoy Pinoy that I've had. This time
the glaze just didn't penetrate into the meat and the pork was quite
dry, sadly the flavours just weren't as good as previous experiences.
Ding Tai Fung
Taro Buns

Loved these buns, the taro inside retained it's natural flavour while
the dough was soft and light. Great taste and texture!
Pork Dumplings & Vegetarian Dumplings
Classic dumpling flavours, with a thinner, wonton like shell.
Tasted great with the vinegar and chilli sauce.
Not really worth the price, considering dumpling houses are so cheap,
but I guess it's part of the novelty of the event.
Red Spice Road: Crispy Five Spiced Pork Belly - $15
I've had this dish before (check out my Red Spice Road review),
and as before, the flavours did not disappoint. However, the meat
was still dry.
N2 x Black Star Pastry:
Strawberry Watermelon Cake - $10
More of a rose and watermelon cake, but I was so grateful to have
this Sydney classic in Melbourne so that my friends could try one of
Sydney's most talked about cakes. It tasted great as always, served chill.
Cake Smash - $10
The classic Black Star Pastry cake turned into a gelato? And I truly wish
it wasn't a limited edition flavour as I loved it more than I loved the cake,
and so did my friends. It had a beautifully fragrant rose flavour with hits of fruit.
It melted really quickly though, but was glorious while it lasted.
My highlight dish of the night.
Chin Chin: Butter Chicken Curry on Rice
Definitely not a butter chicken, more of a red thai curry. The flavours
were ok, and the meat was cooked well, but definitely not what we were
expecting. 
Gelato Messina: Deep Fried Ice cream
Definitely loved the flavour of the icecream. The fried batter
was crispy and not too oily. Really went well with the fresh fruits,
but the chocolate syrup was unnecessary.
Gelato Messina: Gold Bullion Bar
Meant to be the other way round (see below), but I definitely think this looks better.
This one reminded me of the mango and coconut cookie sandwich they had last year,
which I loved. The nut crunch added texture and great flavour, the passionfruit was
sweet and fresh. I don't remember tasting any banana bread. And the gelato, as always,
was of great flavour and consistency.
Mr Miyagi: Fried Chicken Nori Taco
Having not tried this when I went to the actualy restaurant, I was
so happy they had a variety of flavours at the night noodle markets.
I loved this flavour.The nori shell was crispy, the chicken fried really well,
all the vegetables were fresh and there was a generous amount of kewpie.

Well that's a warp. Thank you for an amazing time Good Food Australia!

Comments

Popular Posts