Review: XS Espresso

Seeing their freakshakes all over instagram, I just knew I had to visit XS Espresso when I came back to Sydney. They have a little hole-in-the-wall coffee shop in Parramatta, and that was the first I'd heard of them. Now I wish their actual restaurant was in Parramatta. I have to note that the service is quite poor. We stood at the door for several minutes with staff walking to and fro before we called one down to put our name on the wait list. When we finally got our table, we were given water, but no menus. After wasting so much time trying to grab the attention of any staff member, all of whom ignored us, the table next to us kindly told us we had to order at the counter, but we still needed menus to look at first, so I just went and grab a couple for us myself. Then upon ordering, I was given so much judgement by the checkout man when I asked for spinach instead of rocket, which anyone who has ever  worked in customer service should know is a big no-no, you keep your judgement to yourself. Now sorry for the flaming, apart from that, the food was average, but the drinks were great, and they open late for desserts as well, so if you are ever in search of a sugar hit, be sure to give XS Espresso a try.

Monster Freakshake - $12
For some reason they call these smoothies, which they're
really not, but either way they tasted amazing. This monster shake
consists of Oreos, Tim Tams and waffle piece hidden in there.
Unlike other freakshakes I've had, this looked as good as it tasted.
Although it was very messy to drink and we weren't given any spoons
to eat the toppings, we somewhere conquered it. Although don't
dare think we finished them, because that is just too much of a challenge.
Great flavours, great topping if you are scared of sugar,
maybe go for one of their simpler flavours.
Nutella Freakshake - $8
Tasted as good as you looked. If you are a lover of Nutella,
you will love this! It's really strong on flavour, and great thick
consistency. Be warned it is highly indulgent.
Eggs Benedict - $15
Really not worth the money. The ham is processed sliced ham, just
like from the chiller section of Woolworths. The eggs were poached well
and the hollandaise was the best part of the dish, although too thick and
concentrated. The bread was just not worth the effort to eat, burnt in some parts
and near impossible to cut.
XS Chicken Burger - $15
Your average "grilled" chicken burger, nothing special about it though.
Firstly, although I loved the infusion of herbs in the chicken, it needed
seasoning with at least salt and pepper. Also it was not chargrilled at all,
just barely cooked. The variety of ingredients was good, as was size for price.
I loved the chips, they were the highlight of the dish, really crispy and light,
good amount of salt, and they even gave me some ketchup when I asked for it.


XS Espresso Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts