Review: Kitty Burns

This place was a hit on social media before it even opened and I was lucky enough to try it out earlier this year. The food is creative and inventive, but that doesn't always result in great taste. The interior design is fabulous! With light, open spaces, pale wooden finishings and furniture, and high ceilings. I would love to have the interior designer style my place!

Hot Chocolate - $5
The KB - $21
Definitely the best dish of the day. The pork was basted and cooked
perfectly. Nice, leaner portions of meat and generous serving size
compared to some of their other dishes. I liked the side of kimchi, but
that really could've been put into the burger and a side of chips, salad,
lotus chips etc. would've been better.
Smoked Pea and Garden Mint Pannacotta - $21
A really interesting concept and I loved the presentation. I've never
had a savoury panna cotta before. This one was definitely pea flavoured,
however, it could've done with more dynamics in flavour and seasoning.
The potato popcorn tasted more like rice puffs, and the bacon crumbs were
extremely flavoursome against that pana cotta, but were a bit tough to
bite into and I did worry that a tooth would break. The salmon was really fresh.
I found the bread didn't really work with the dish as there wasn't anything spreadable
to eat it with, apart from the egg, which for me, was too runny.
Torched Kingfish - $22.50
Beautifully presented, but dismally small portion size, leaves tummies wanting more.
The fish, rice and vegetables were all cooked well with good seasoning
but the proportions were off. There should've been more rice and fish
to greens in a 1:1:1 ratio at least. I like the idea of rice as a grain, but something
was definitely needed to soak up such a softly poached egg, and rice
just doesn't.
Left: Mint Slice Smoothie - $12
I never really got into the raw smoothie trend, but this surprised me.
Definitely not something I'm use to drinking, and it did need to grow on me,
but with every sip it got better, and slowly tasted more like a real Mint Slice
(mind tricks?). I couldn't taste the spinach or avocado but I did miss
 that extra sweetness that raw cacao doesn't offer. Glad the cacao
 didn't leave a pasty feeling on my tongue though.

Right: Marrakesh Lassi Smoothie - $12
I think this tasted better than mine with more true to origin flavours and ingredients.
The citrus, yoghurt and spices definitely shone, with a nice thick consistency.
However, the orange was the dominant flavour and did remind me more of a jaffa
than a lassi.
Custom designed flavours, that rotate depending on the chosen creator.
The left had lemon curd filling with the better design
and cute little clock face cookie, while the right
was a classic pistachio and rose combination with a lovely glaze.

Kitty Burns Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts