Review: Fukuryu Ramen

Hidden in a inconspicuous alley, through a little door and up a flight of mysterious stairs, no I am not taking you to a club or drug house, but rather to this hidden treasure on Corrs Lane, Fukuryu Ramen :) Skipping uni and embracing the cold was definitely worth it, as soupy, warm, flavour-full ramen was our reward! Shout-out to my friend, Audrey, because she asked for it :P

Sorry Melbourne, but I have to admit, Sydney's Chinatown
is a lot better.
Red dragon wings - Free (usually $6.90)
Till the 21st of August, Fukuryu Ramen is running a Facebook offer whereby you can
receive a plate of their new Red Dragon Wings or traditional Tebasaki Chicken for free
with any purchase of 2 or more ramens! (lucky I checked my facebook while waiting in line)
They definitely are spicy, my friend couldn't handle it haha, but I loved it.
The skin was richly marinated with the chilli and lemon I believe. I loved the sour addition.
The meat was cooked soft and tender and I do love sesame seeds.
For all my fellow chilli lovers, do give it a go!
Signature Tonkotsu - $11.90
A thick and full-bodied broth made with pork bones.
Definitely full-bodied, but not as thick as I would've liked.
They do offer a Silver version which is thicker.
Though I must say Gumshara in Sydney is still my favourite.
The serving was generous with plenty of greens, vegetables, seaweed and pork.
I like my ramen soft, this one was cooked firm, but I still enjoyed it.
The pork was so melting, soft, it would fall apart as I was picking it up.
It tasted wonderful too, full of flavour!
I also loved the soft-yolk egg (I need the recipe!).
Definitely worth a try, a good dish to warm up the soul & (frozen body lol)
Chicken Tonkotsu - $11.90
All chicken tonkotsu with grilled chicken breasts.
I much preferred the Signature Tonkotsu to this one.
The broth was even more thin and dilute, but flavour was
still there and lovely, just would've preferred it to be full-bodied.
The chicken also lacked seasoning.
However, just like the above, all other aspects of the tonkotsu were amazing!
Green Tea Soft Serve - Free (normally $2)
(sorry I already took a lick)
Another promotion happening at the moment, this time on Instagram.
Simply take a selfie with your food and put the appropriate hashtags,
before heading up to the counter to show and collect your free soft serve.
More details in store, there are signs on every table.
Serving size was small compared to other photos I have seen, but who can
complain when its free! The soft serve was smooth and flavour sweet and subtle,
unlike some other soft serves which were more full-bodied and gritty from the matcha powder.
Both versions are good in my mind ( I mean mouth), depending on my urge for green tea.

Fukuryu Ramen on Urbanspoon

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts