Review: La Belle Miette

My friend and I went on another food run last Thursday and this was our dessert stop. La Belle Miette has quite possibly the best macarons that I have had, texture wise that is. With several stores open in Melbourne, it's hard to resist not popping back for more! Most macarons cost $2.50 which is reasonable for their quality, while a few cost $2.80. All the ones I have pictured below were $2.50.
p.s. as with most macarons, all their macarons are gluten free expect the hazelnut, so even you coeliacs can enjoy these totally not-overrated sweets!
Sadly some were damaged on the trip home :(
A note with all the macarons, the shells don't have much flavour,
it's mainly the filling, which disappointed me.
However, the shells are probably the moistest I've ever tasted,
such a large contrast between the crunchy exterior and soft interior. LOVE IT!
One more thing: many of their flavours contain chocolate so it
isn't very tailored to non-chocolate lovers like me.
First three from the left:
Blackberry & chocolate - not listed online, but I really liked this flavour.
The blackberry tasted like authentic jam while the dark chocolate
was subtle but added some nice bitterness.
Mariage Freres Earl Grey Chocolate - This had a very bold, decadent flavour,
sadly I think the chocolate dominated with a well-rounded earl grey taste to the end.
That being said the chocolate was still very rich and lovely.
Violet & Blueberry - a love-hate relatioship here.
The blueberry flavour was amazing! I loved the little bit of jam/jelly
in the centre. However, the violet taste, although floral, had a cosmetic taste to me,
so overall it just tasted like artificial, but for some reason I loved the sweetness.
Last three from left to right:
Green tea - a sweet matcha taste that grows on your palette. I
personally prefer a strong green tea hit, but that's because I love teas.
However, I think this flavour can be liked by all for its lack of that bitter tannin taste.
Pistachio - My least favourite flavour. All I could taste was nuttiness but
that could've just been from the meal. There was no predominant pistachio flavour.
Hazelnut Belle Miette (not gluten free) - I believe the description said hazelnut and
chocolate, but I was hoping for just a toasty hazelnut flavour
with a hint of  chocolate, but this just tasted all out nutella, which is nice,
who doesn't love nutella? But if I wanted nutella, I could just eat it out of the jar at home,
I really wanted the nuttiness to be the star, but rather it was too sweet for my liking.
There is also a hidden caramel wafer centre which I liked because it was crumbly
and not too sweet. 
Look at that beauty!
Sorry for the blurriness, their flavours can be seen online anyway!

La Belle Miette on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts