Review: Magnum Pleasure Store Melbourne

Having missed the Sydney pop-up store, and Audrey being so keen to go, I thought I'd give the novelty a go, but I wasn't expecting much as it is just a normal ice-cream with a few extra toppings charged at a premium price. However, I did enjoy it, and it is a once in a lifetime experience. The pop-up store will close in a week, so if you are as keen as Audrey was, be sure to go while you can!!
Magnum Pleasure Store - Level 1 Emporium Melbourne
Custom Magnums - $8
Left - White chocolate coat with pistachios, dried strawberries,
chocolate crispies and mocha balls with a dark chocolate drizzle.
Tried a bite of Audrey's, and before I even got my mouth anywhere near it,
I could smell the strong mocha flavour.
It definitely was the dominant flavour of the ice-cream which I like.
The dried strawberries were chunky and just tasted like sweet chewies.
Right - Dark chocolate coat with chocolate crispies, hazelnut, blackberry
chips and vanilla crumble with white chocolate drizzle.
The crumble was lost amongst all the other flavours.
The stand out flavour was the dried raspberries that they gave me
instead of the blackberry chips I asked for ( -1 for bad service),
but I did love the raspberries, added much needed natural fruity sweetness.
As with both ice-creams because the chocolate coats were fresh, they were still
soft and you don't get that resounding crunch when you bite in :(
I loved the hazelnuts (my favourite dessert nut) and the crispies
added a nice biscuity texture. I was definitely satisfied with my picks!


Comments

Popular Posts