Review: Bourke Street Bakery

Everyone raves about Bourke St Bakery's pies and sausage rolls, but I decided to opt for their sweets this time round. Sorry they look terrible, let's just say I wasn't very delicate with them on my way home, but I had a lot to carry and public transport ain't my greatest friend. Don't worry, they taste better than I make them look anyway!

Ginger Brulee - $5
My least liked of the lot. The ginger was a bit too strong for me,
the brulee a bit too sweet, especially when the pastry is quite
sweet as well. Good consistency though and not too eggy 
Lemon Curd Tart - $5
Was very tasty and creamy, but definitely not worth the price tag,
for it's size and ease of make. Tasted just like the lemon curd I make
at home, so won't be buying this again, but for those that don't have
time to bake and love citrus desserts, this is really good.
Rhubarb and almond tart - $5
My favourite by far, not so much the rhubarb which was normal,
but the layer of custard underneath was just so light and smooth and
the perfect amount of sweetness. I don't remember if there were any almonds
in this one, but I'm following the name on the menu.
Either way this is a must to try, and although again $5 is pricey for a small
tart, I definitely will be back, until I learn to make it for myself.

Bourke Street Bakery on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts