Review: Mrs Kim's Grill

Even on my birthday I don't take time out from blogging. This night was really special to me, I have to give a massive thank you to the lovely Ms Audrey Choy for organising the surprise and to all my lovely friends who came and made my night so special. It has been a long time since I have had korean BBQ so it was a wonderful delight and really satisfied my cravings. 

On my table we ordered 5 sets amongst 10 people that came with sides, 1 serving of vegetables, 2 servings of rice and 2 servings of soup. The soup was a lovely beef broth, it was really strong on flavour which I loved, and not too salty.

p.s. some of the photos seen were taken by my lovely friend Neda with her amazing DSLR which I drool over so much :P So thank you to her! also I know this post is quite late but I have been under the weather lately and been losing motivation to do anything, so bear with me please, there will be more to come!

Side dishes
Very generous with smoked salmon, kimchi, pickled onions, tomato salsa, salad leaves
and more! Really loved the salsa, although not a traditional side, while the pickled
onions reminded me of home.
Cluck Cluck Set - $39 (for two)
Soy marinated chicken. A note with all the sets, they are meant for
2 people and come with vegetables and rice, but honestly, I could eat
all that meat and veg by myself, and I'm small.
In terms of flavour, I liked the chicken the best,
the marinade was a lovely sweet and savoury glaze and the chicken was
cooked really moist and soft.
Moo Set - $39 (for 2)
Again would've liked more meat. In terms of
flavour and texture, beef is my least liked meat,
the flavour was normal but not amazing as was the
texture. The ribs also didn't have much meat on them
and were tough to eat.

Not pictured:
Baa Set $39 - my favourite meat, it's in my blood.
The same marinade as the chicken was used but for me
it had less flavour sadly.

Oink Oink Set $39 - my second favourite of the night.
Koreans always does pork well. The pork fat was nicely
charred with some crunch while the meat was so soft.
The flavour had a nice hint of spice and sweet glaze


Mrs Kim's Grill on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts