Review: Mamasita

Yes I just can't get enough of Mexican food. Although all their dishes have similar staple ingredients, it never bores me, I just love the vibrancy in colour, texture and flavour of their dishes, plus I am a massive chilli fan, so it's all smiles around here.

One thing I do have a peeve about is the attitude of "fine" dining restaurants. Although Mamasita is at the higher end of the dining experience, it certainly isn't the classiest joint I've been do and there certainly is no need for pretentiousness, especially with the poor quality of service we received. This disdain I have doesn't only apply for high end restaurants but anywhere from cafes to take-out shops. Just because I don't want a coffee, it doesn't make me a cheaper customer who deserves less care, just because I want a small meal it doesn't mean I'm stingy and not worth your time. So, I would just like to comment on the treatment by the staff:
  1. No one came to seat us upon entering, we instead grabbed our own menus and headed to the bar, that was staffed, to ask for a table.
  2. The waiters seemed disapproving that we didn't want any alcoholic drinks and took forever to return for our food orders, although he said he will be back "soon".
  3. The waiter severely questioned my friends choice of just one taco, like he was forcing her to order more when really all she wanted was a light snack.
  4. Again took forever to clear our table and give us the bill.
  5. No other waiters/staff took notice of our gestures
In saying all that, I loved the food, and definitely will be back for more, but will not be tipping for the service (unless it improves drastically) 

p.s. sorry if I was a bit harsh, I've just had enough of presumptuous service staff who are quick to judge and deliver subjective service. 
Cool map

de Puerco - $6

6
Pig's cheek with fiery apple & white cabbage.
My friend's first try of pig cheek
She would've preferred more meat and less salad
In terms of flavour she enjoyed it, it does look tempting.
Also, the green salsa was amazing!
Flauta de Cabra - $15
Crispy tortilla filled w/ braised goat, with radish & iceberg salad, and chilli
and queso Oaxaca.
A street eat, designed to share, but filling as one's own meal too.
I loved the presentation as soon as I saw it, very quaint and delicate.
In terms of flavour, it was amazing. The shells were so crispy, but not oily.
The goat was soft, moist and well flavoured, I also loved the cheese and
I believe their was jalapeno mayo as well, which added nice creaminess
but wasn't big on flavour, the chilli sauce itself was lovely, good for mild
heat tolerance, but I would've liked more, I event ate the chillies and they weren't hot.
The salad toppings were also fresh

Mamasita on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts