Review: Burch & Purchese

More sweets for you to envy, Burch & Purchese is quickly become a famous name, and I must say Darren Purchese is so friendly. I met him at the pop up store at the Royal Melbourne Show last week and previously purchesed (pun intended) his modernistic "too pretty to eat" tube cakes, so here they are, tried and tested for you all. All cakes were $9.

Best window display, it's like Willy Wonka's factory
From Left to Right: (read descriptions in image below)
Pistachio, green tea, yuzu, blackcurrant, white chocolate
We had a sample of the cake version and I loved it, sadly
this de-constructed version wasn't the same. The blackcurrant
cream was a bit too sweet, loved the texture of the pistachio cake though.
Sadly the green tea sponge had no distinct flavour to me.
Coconut, passionfruit, ginger, mint
I love sago as always, not a big fan of ginger though, so I found it too overpowering.
The passionfruit curd was lovely though, better than what I make.
Raspberry, laurent perrier champagne, peach and lemon
I really enjoyed this one, although all the berry components were together too sweet,
the lemon curd added a nice tang. The blondie was a nice texture but again too sweet.
Peanut, raspberry, caramel, chocolate
I personally did not like this one, not a fan of caramel, even worse when it's salted
(I guess it's an acquired taste). The peanut was overpowering, would've preferred more berry.
Explosive raspberry milk chocolate
I loved the novelty of the popping candy, added an element of surprise and excitement.
The other aspects were also nice, not a big fan of marshmallow but,
 I like that it was more simple, kept to a few flavours only.


Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts