Review: Dolce Gelato House

Late night dessert trip. I don't think I've eaten so much ice-cream before in my life, yet somehow this Winter, I have braved the cold enough to eat ice-cream on a quite a regular basis. 

Left: Hokey Pokey & Hazelnut - $6 (2 scoops)
I have never been a fan of honeycomb, so as always
I didn't like this flavour. To me it was really sweet,
and although better than some other Hokey Pokey flavours
I've tried before, still just too strong.
The hazelnut was good, but like the pistachio below,
could've done with more texture within.
The flavour again was more mild than other's I've had,
but still not bad, and both had lovely, creamy texture.

Right: Kahlua & Pistachio
I LOVED the Kahlua. My friend warned me it
was going to be strong, but it wasn't at all.
The gelato itself was so creamy, and the flavour
was strong, but not bitter at all, very minimal alcoholic taste,
like it cakes, but a prominent coffee flavour, just amazing.
Better than the Kahlua flavour I had at Will's Batch.
The Pistachio on the other hand I felt was really weak.
It could've been better, with crushed pistachio throughout
to add texture and flavour. Although the consistency
of the gelato was just as good, the flavour sadly just wasn't there.



Click to add a blog post for Dolce House Gelato on Zomato 


Comments

Popular Posts