Review: Gami Chicken

I love my true KFC and Gami is one of the best joints in Melbourne to cure your fried chicken cravings. With multiple stores open in and around Melbourne CBD, flavourful Korean fried chicken is never too far away.

Seafood Pancake - $13
This is a classic, never fails dish. The pancake batter is crispy and
quite light. There is an average proportion of seafood but I would've
liked more greens in it. The dipping sauce definitely adds necessary flavour
as the pancakes themselves lack seasoning.
I believe the dipping sauce was a mix of gochujang and soy sauce.
Half & Half Whole Boned Chicken - $34
Left: Soy Garlic 

A less intense flavour, slightly sweet with the soy, garlic isn't too strong.
Due to less of a glaze, this chicken does have a crunchier skin,
while still being most and tender on the inside,
which is why bone is always better.
Right: Spicy
My favourite flavour. I cannot go to Gami's and not order spicy chicken.
It has a classic gochujang flavour, that mix of sour and spice.
The chicken is doused in sauce, making it really juicy and flavoursome.
It even penetrates into the meat beneath.
Left: Sweet Chilli Boneless Chicken
The sweet chilli is a great alternative for those who
can't handle much spice. It just has a tad hit of chilli,
but is predominantly a sweet glaze. I recommend
this one for all those honey, syrup etc. glazed fans out there.
Right: Spicy Boneless Chicken
Like I said, I have to order spicy. As it is boneless,
the meat definitely is less juicy and more dry,
but the quality of flavour is still there
with that generous amount of glaze.
Sad sides :(
Left: Blue Moon - $6
One of the few beers I like, has a nice sweet,
citrus taste to it
Right: House Beer - $4 (300mL)
Quite a light beer. I don't like the flavour of
beer but it was alright.


Click to add a blog post for Gami on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts