Review: Hobba

Sorry for the break between posts, I've been sick :( I know, Winter is almost over, so I thought I beat it this year, but I guess not :/
I will schedule a few more posts today, so there are more reviews to come. It takes longer to write than eat I swear.
First up, spur of the moment brunch a couple weeks ago, at Hobba. I have been following this restaurant for a while now and finally had the chance to eat their amazing food. The venue is also amazing! High ceiling warehouse, decorated with plants everywhere, really gives a nursery, natural feel to it. Great place to hold a function.
Breakfast Smoothie - $8.50
Sadly I don't remember the name of the smoothie, it had
oats, banana, cinnamon etc. All in all it tasted nice,
but it was a bit more viscous than I would've liked,
it also wasn't chilled, and I would've preferred
it cold as it was quite a warm day.
Big Bad Wolf - $23.50
Fried eggs, bacon, black pudding, beans, roast tomato, mushrooms,
hash brown and kale w/ toast

This breakfast truly is fit for a wolf. With so many varieties
of meat and veg, this dish is big enough for two.
I got spinach instead of kale, which I prefer anyway.
The black pudding I was concerned about, as I thought it would
be straight blood jelly, but instead it was a pork & blood sausage,
which I have never tried before. It was amazing though, the pudding
was soft and the meat inside was really tender and flavoursome. Did not
have the tough texture of blood nor the strong flavour at all.
The rest of the dish was also amazing. Loved the chunky hash brown
and the Mexican beans, bold flavour.
The Alpha - $18.50
Pulled pork w/ fried egg, alfalfa, apple salad & pear reduction hollandaise
The thick BBQ sauce on the pork was amazing, made the dish so flavoursome,
and the meat extra moist and soft. The hollandaise was also amazing, could
really taste the lightness of the pear, yet the sauce was still thick in
consistency. Only negative, quite small serving, and poached eggs
are better with hollandaise.

Click to add a blog post for Hobba on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts