Review: Jamie's Trattoria

Last dinner in Syndey with my family back in June at Jamie's Italian Trattoria. I was surprised to see them open, as just over a month ago, I was back in Sydney and the restaurant was still under construction. Since it's opening the place has been a buzz, with us having to wait 30 minutes for a table on a Sunday night.


Bilpin Cider - $9
Honestly the best cider I have ever tasted. Not that I've tried many,
nor am I an alcohol expert, but all the one's I have had,
I could not tolerate.  This on the other hand was not heavy or
bitter at all, leaving a crisp, sweeter and fruitier taste.
Plus it's made in Sydney's own backyard, the Blue Mountains,
so if you want to head up to their brewery, it's not far.
House Cider - $9
Your average, run of the mill cider. Definitely
had more of a bitter taste than the one above,
but still quite light and crisp.
Garlic Bread - $4.75
Although cheap for their menu, I did not enjoy this at all.
There was barely any garlic flavour, just some butter
and herbs smeared over the top. Would've been better
if the bread had been infused with garlic.
The bread itself was also overworked and tough to bite or break.
Crispy Squid - $14
Steep for an entree, but it's so worth it.
The batter was light, crispy and not overly oily.
It was seasoned really well. The squid itself was perfectly cooked,
not chewy at all. The dipping mayo added good flavour to the dish.
NB: the presentation is deceiving, as the whole cup isn't actually full,
what you see is pretty much what you get.
Lamb & Ricotta Ravioli - $23.90
I did not enjoy this dish. When I told my friend's about it
they said I should've just sent it back but I felt bad.
Firstly, the pasta was undercooked, leaving a raw taste
and tough texture. The filling itself although tasty,
was minuscule and barely tasted of lamb.
The only positives, were the herby breadcrumb that had a good
texture and added much needed flavour to the ravioli.
The same goes for the sauce.
Lamb & Salumi Spiedini - $24.90
The mortadella had great flavour and was cooked well, the lamb on
the other hand was really tough and took forever to chew.
The salad was just an average garden salad.
Fish of the Day - $26
King fish with cannelloni beans and green bean salad.
This was the best dish of the night by far!
The fish was so tender, and seasoned perfectly. The underlying
beans and sauce were all seasoned and cooked well
Although serving size is small, it was a really hearty dish.
Funghi Misti - $22.50
Serving size looks generous, but really toppings are minimal.
That being said, this dough was way better than the garlic bread.
More crispy and less chewy. The flavours of the mushroom
were also great, but might be too strong for some. I also
really enjoyed the strong parmesan and herbs.

Menu:


Click to add a blog post for Jamie's Italian Trattoria on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts