Review: Mr Pilgrim Cafe

YAY I'm back in Melbourne and up for more brunch adventures!!!! Although I wish my semester break lasted longer, it is good to see my Melbourne friends again and placement has been good. One thing I am not so pleased about is this dismal weather, please bring back the sunshine and warmth!

Ice Mocha -$5.50
Really didn't taste like a mocha, rather just an ice coffee.
That being said the flavour was good, and I always love a bit
of ice cream.
Sweet Glazed Pork Belly - $16.50
w/ a Thai coconut, chilli salad
Firstly, the pork was cooked so well, literally
falling to pieces. However, there was sadly more fat than meat,
which left us feeling barely satiated. The salad was also mainly just herbs,
which I know is quite traditional, but I just am not able to eat
herbs like vegetables, their flavours are too strong.
I must say the glaze and sauce were amazing, perfect chilli punch.
Baked Spanish Eggs - $14.50
w/ homemade sugo,capsicum, onion, spinach, chorizo, mozzarella and sourdough
Firstly the positive, the eggs were cooked well, with a runny yolk.
The sour dough was toasted nicely. The amount of filling i.e. chorizo, beans etc
was generous. However, the negatives were that there wasn't enough sauce, and the
sauce used was quite watery, with enough on flavour, definitely needed more
tomatoes in there. The other negative was the small size, as you may be able to see,
the already quite shallow ramekin is only about half full. However, I guess their prices
reflect the serving size.
Oriental Noodles

Menu:



Click to add a blog post for Mr Pilgrim on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts