Review: Bibelot

Because brunch wasn't enough, we had dessert at Bibelot, Chez Dre's newer dessert front. They have shelves full of chocolate, displays full of their beautiful cakes and macarons, plus the even sell gelato!

Macarons - $3 each
The black one was their Black olive and white chocolate flavour.
I usually dislike olives, but this flavour was not intense
and the olives work well as a sweet dessert.
The pink one was their Strawberry and native pepper berry flavour.
I really enjoyed this flavour, natural strawberry scent but couldn't
really taste any pepperiness.
In terms of texture, both macarons were like and crunchy
Tonka, Apple & Cinnamon - $9.50
Trust me, I tried to cut this nicely with the fork, but it didn't work.
The only time I'd heard of tonka, was tonka trucks, I had no idea they are a type of bean.
My first bite in, this cake had a really bitter taste,I'm not sure what it was, but I assume it was the tonka,
however, as I ate more, the flavour subsided. I wish the cake had a bit more apple in it,
as it brought moisture into the dish. I also could've done without the rice puff base,
it was hard to cut through and a bit stale from the moisture of the cake I suppose.
The texture of the mousse was really airy though and the cinnamon quill look chocolate
was a beautiful touch. All in all, interesting flavours, but I don't think I would order this again,
Mango, Yuzu and Coconut - $9.50
This cake was my pick, so safe to say I LOVED it!
I prefer fruity cakes more, because they just taste fresher
and more bold, and this cake really hit the nail on the head.
The mousse, was more like a meringue to me, that's how
light it was. The mango and coconut flavour were very prominent
while the yuzu was more subtle, but overall, all components
worked well together, to create a really smooth palate. 

Click to add a blog post for Bibelot on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts