Review: Lune

My second and last time lining up at Lune, as they closed shop just a few weeks ago, but not to fear! They're heading Fitzroy way soon =D

Clockwise:
2 Pain au Chocolat (see below)

Lemon Curd Cruffin - $6.50
Their cruffins are probably my favourite pastry.
Really light, crispy, flaky, without the oil or sogginess.
The flavours aren't very inventive, but I love my
lemon curd and this one didn't disappoint.
However, I did find the whole thing a bit too sweet
as all parts contained sugar.
Jam & Cream Cruffin - $7
Again a simple flavour, but again amazing texture.
This one I didn't find as sweet, but still couldn't eat
it all in one sitting.
2 Croissants (see below)
Left: Pain au Chocolat - $5.50
Firstly the pastry is so light, after your first bite in you can see all the spaces
between the layers of pastry. In terms of flavour, the pastries are made
quite plain, neither sweet nor savoury. The chocolate filling is also quite dark
and not too sweet, just wish there was more of, as some bites were
left with just mouth fulls of pastry.
Right: Croissant - $5
Their original croissant. As above, the pastry is so light and flaky.
Again quite plain on flavour which I like, and truly the texture is superb.
Left: Luxembourg Cruffin - $7.50
I really enjoyed this flavour, although it's meant to be mandarin,
tasted more like orange to me. My favourite part definitely
was the cream on top, the curd was a bit too tangy.
Right: Kouign Amann
I'd never had this before, but my first thought was how much it
reminded me of palmiers, but a bit more moist.
Nice sugary and buttery flavour, but nothing exciting.


Weekly menu:


Click to add a blog post for Lune Croissanterie on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts