Review: Sizzler Ji

Spent the night at a friend's place, making another friends birthday cake, so we didn't have time to eat out, and thus opted for takeaway instead, from Sizzler Ji. My first time using menulog, managed to get 10% off the the order.

Lamb Rogan Josh - $12.90
We ordered medium heat but it was still spicy, not spicy
that it burns, but enough to make your tongue and mouth tingle.
As with most curries, there was a lot more sauce than meat, which
was disappointing. The lamb also wasn't the most tender I've had,
but I did love the dried chillies they use.
Aloo Chooley - $11.90
I've never had this dish before, but I really enjoyed it.
The curry had a fresher taste and was spicy, but not as hot
as the rogan josh. Be mindful that potatoes and chickpeas
are very starchy and do fill you up quickly.
Butter Chicken - $13.90
This butter chicken was just too sweet for me, Almost tasted
like I was eating a dessert. As above, there was very little meat in
this, but the consistency of the curry was great, if only
it was less intense with the sugar.
Garlic Naan - $2.50
This naan was lighter and thinner than most I've had.
I think I prefer thicker ones. The garlic flavour
was also very subtle, making me question whether
we received plain naan instead, but my friend
insisted it was garlic.


Click to add a blog post for Sizzler Ji on Zomato 

Comments

Popular Posts